Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

-My First Love-

The car that I love most among all of the ones I owes was Probably my 2006 Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works. I guess it might be because this is the only car that I bought not to sell just to enjoy n for sure I spend on it, more than a girl spend on bags n cosmetics.

The day that I bought my car there were totally notting on it ! ,beside the fog lamp was broken , the Shift Leader was wrack n one of the Chrome rings were missing on the dash board bottom. It was just 19.000 Km n the color of it was so rare! which come up after 2005 when Mini had a face lift.





One by one I start buying the deficit parts a new Shift knob 190 Eur, fixed the fog lamp "to tell you the truth don't fix it just but a new one after a while water gets in it n i looks awful!" and paid around 20 EUR for the chrome ring.

Then I had to dress my love with the most fashionable clothes so that she would look awesome! n start searching the John Cooper Works parts. First of all thx to a really close friend of mine I bought a John Cooper Works Challenge bumper from Poland which is totally rear n then the John Cooper Works Aero Grills 150Eur.

As I said the Bumper was rare because you wont see a John Cooper Works Challenge car on the streets cuz its forbidden. Those cars r just for the tracks. Instead of the fog lamps there were 2 Brake Air wholes in the each side of the Bumper which allows air flow though the channel n cool the brakes. I contact with the John Cooper Works Challenge company in Germany n asked for the Air channels n they told me its 250 EUR per each which makes 500 EUR plus shipping n custom stuff , so I gave up n put there some grills. I have the bumper to a service and they painted it for 75 EUR.

Before John Cooper Works Challenge Bumper Mouthed




After The John Cooper Works Challenge Bumper Painted n The grills Mouthed





How it looked Like at the End.




After I drive my car for like a 1-2 months I decided to make some changes , btw I tinted the whole windows including the front one 125 EUR, I wanted to change the color of my rims colors to white, I don't remember the exact number but on rim cost around 75-100 EUR so do the math :)


With The White Rims



But after couple of months I started to "As for More" n wanted to buy a whole body kit of John Cooper Works. Again thx to my buddy "Onur Karapinar" , I found one in Poland for just 800$ which generally costs 2.500 EUR at that time at the service. But I wanted to have the US type JCW Body Kit so I bought some American Parking Lights and mouthed them to the sides that cost like 100EUR.


John Cooper Works American Parking Lights




The Last Detail was "John Cooper Works Badges"-200$ E-Bay- which costs 250EUR at the service.



John Cooper Works Front Badge




John Cooper Works Badge Rear "generally its on the left side though"





The other detail was since I couldn't find John Cooper Works Exhaust so i bought AC Schnitzer Exhaust 200$-E-Bay.


AC Schnitzer Exhaust




At last my car was done n i ll post the "Engine Modifications" in the next post
If you guys have any questions just send me an email.
Onur@baspinarOto.com


Peace


Onur Baspinar



John Cooper Works "34 TH 5443"
















No comments:

Post a Comment