Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2006 JCW Mini Cooper S Interior & Engine Modifications

Since there were notting else left to buy for the Exterior , I start planing to do some new stuff for the Interior. When I bought my car Iphone had its first generation so I had one :), So I asked my friend and he told me I have to have Aux so that enables me to plug my cell phone n play my music from my car.
What we planned for the Aux In was not only having a cable that connects it to the radio but also usin the Dock of the Iphone. After we finished it it looked like out of the factory :)




AUX In Mini Cooper S Iphone










Couple of months left N I start getting bored n wanned to make something else , this time I wanted to have something special that is kind of good for the eye such as Carbon John Cooper Works Dash Board , I remember that I found one on E-Bay german it was around 250$

Then I found a better accessorise that I wanted for a reaally long time that was John Cooper Works Shift Indicator my cousin found it on E-Bay for 200$ n I bought it fosure :D.

I have a kind of sickness that I feel myself to dismantle the thing i bought :) so I dig it n got shocked , it was soo cheap stuff!

The original place of the Indicator is located in the center of the dashboard but I wanted to have something special n we place it on the top of the steering wheel n I kind of loved the way it looked:)






John Cooper Works Shift Indicator














Here is the video of it








Engine Modifications
The truth was I was satisfied with the performance of my car but a friend of mine had the same car loded with Hamann n it was fast , soo fast! :D so I wanted to have some John Cooper Works Modification and a friend of mine was selling his John Cooper Works "GP" parts such as JCW Inter Cooler n Jcw Air Intake the parts usually cost like 800 EUR for the Inter Cooler which cools down the engine faster , 450 EUR for the Cold Air Intake.

This JCW Cold Air Intake is a special part that opens a lid behind the Intake after 3.500 RPM that gives torque to the car. The part should be connected to the ECU of the car to make it work. You can have the "HOW TO pdf" from
Mini Mania.com as i did , what u need to do is connect one to the wire that is connected to ECU and the other to the chassis. But pay attention in this part cuz it might burn ur butterfly throttle which costs around 1.000EUR.




John Cooper Works Cold Air Intake& Inter Cooler








After all those modifications I sold my car to buy an other one in San Diego cuz I went to San Diego to study in UCS but u know what after 2 years I got back from States and bought my car back :) we are back together with my First Love

Peace


Onur BASPINAR

No comments:

Post a Comment